BRAC Human Performance Wing (HPW) Complex.
MSLLC provides USACE with a project scheduler at Wright Patterson Air Force Base to support the design and construction of the $196M HPW Complex – comprised of two major facilities and ancillary facilities totaling ~ 679,000 s.f. One facility is an ~ 200,000 s.f., 3-story building containing high-bay, industrial space, dry lab space, NAMRL Disorientation Device, and space for Dynamic Flight Simulator (centrifuge) and hypobaric (altitude) chambers. A second is ~ 450,000 s.f., 4-stories, containing space for the Aerospace School of Medicine, medical clinic space, administration space and dry and wet laboratories. The project also includes an ~ 9,000 SF addition to an existing Vivarium, a detached ~ 1,500 s.f. Entomology Lab Building, and a remote training site. The project is currently in the “dry-in” phase of construction. Tasks performed to date by the MSLLC scheduler include:
- Review and analysis of contractor schedule for construction logic and sequencing to improve confidence level of the overall schedule. Perform additional logic, sequencing and duration reviews as each construction package is released and subcontractor bids and schedules are received.
- Use of Predictive Execution Modeling (PEM) and Active Risk Management (ARM) to analyze the schedule and assist USACE in keeping the project on track. PEM uses past performance to statistically trend forward and predictively identify areas where future improvements/changes are needed.
- Review of contractor schedule and monthly Payment Application requests, including site walkdowns and field verification of physical completion progress.
- Provide risk analysis support, including risk prevention and risk mitigation support
- Analysis of contractor/subcontractor schedules for impacts of claims and modifications
- Assist the project team in re-sequencing when impacts to critical path project schedule elements occur.